Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Amman

The last cycling day. For a start it's again down-falling to the Dead Sea, this time to the Israelian part of it. It took me 45 minutes to go down the road which took 3.5 hours going up. I crossed the border in half an hour: all that Israelis were interested this time was that I pay the exit tax.

I had a lunch before proceeding up to Amman. A long gradual climb of 30 km wouldn't be so hard if it weren't for the wind. The gusts of it moved me all over the road.

Amman is a metropolis with heavy traffic. I managed to get to an excellent hotel untouched by cars, buses or trucks. In all it was an exciting end of a great tour.

Day 13: 96km. Total 1051km.

5 Comments:

At March 3, 2009 at 4:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats for this trip. I am happy to see that you could came back to theird world countries. I have a question, Why you didn´t write in crazy guy or in geocities as you did before.
Saludos
Gonzalo Riveros

 
At March 3, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Blogger iik said...

Hola Gonzalo!

I have mixed feelings about CrazyGuy. It's better suited for cycling blogs, but the esthetic of that site is not to my liking. I think I have more control here on blogspot. Beside that this was a short tour and I somehow thought it's not worth the inclusion in CrazyGuy.

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you now dumped the bivvy and how much do the hotels cost on average?
regards. Jim

 
At April 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger iik said...

Hi Jim, sory for the late answer. I paid from 12 to 30 Eur for a room, on the whole trip I spent 30 Eur/day.

More info on this tour in my old webpage:

http://www2.arnes.si/~ikovse

I'm deciding between a bivy bag and a tent for my next tour in France.

 
At August 21, 2011 at 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you go for a bivy bag make sure it is breathable material because otherwise you'll have some serious condensation issues.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home